Therapist ~Medical Herbalist
Conditions Seen in Clinic:
- Skin conditions: eczema, psoriasis, acne vulgaris, acne rosacea
- Endocrine conditions: fertility, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), premenstrual syndrome (PMS), menopause, benign prostatic hypertrophy, diabetes, thyroid disorders
- Autoimmune conditions:rheumatoid arthritis, addison’s disease, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- Gut conditions: gord, ibs, ulcerative colitis, peptic ulcer disease
- Cardiovascular conditions: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, heart failure
- Nervous system conditions: stress, anxiety, depression, migraine, carpal tunnel
- Respiratory conditions: hay fever, asthma, coughs and colds
- Musculoskeletal conditions:arthritis (eg osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis), systemic sclerosis
- Infections: lyme disease
- Cancer support: nausea, difficulty sleeping and skin reactions from chemotherapy and radiotherapy
Herbal medicines consist of:
- Herbal Teas
- Herbal Creams
- Jane is a very professional and friendly person who, in my experience, has an extensive knowledge of herbs. I always enjoy being at the Sanctuary, it is exactly that, a Sanctuary!
- I completed the Spring Workshop with teacher Jane Ward. Absolutely amazing! I have attended a course with Jane before and returned to enjoy the experience of receiving more of Jane's expert and professional knowledge about Herbalism. As a group we made some fantastic herbal remedies and tonics to take home to share with our family and friends.. I highly recommend this course.
- I have started seeing Jane the herbalist at Upminster Sanctuary and have had a wonderful Experience. after 2 visits have already started to see a slight improvement in my condition. Jane is very patient and thorough. Upminster sanctuary is a hidden gem and offers so many therapies so glad I have found it.
Jane qualified as an herbalist from the University of East London after completing a four year course in Herbal medicine with a BSC Hons in 2015 and currently resides in the North East London area.
She comes from a nursing background and currently has over Thirty years experience as a Registered General Nurse. Her specialist area of interest is respiratory medicine and she has a Diploma from the National Association of Respiratory Care.
Jane trained in Western Herbal medicine and is particularly interested in integrated health care. Her consultations consist of taking a detailed case history of the current problem, past medical conditions, family history and any current medication currently being taken. She is trained in diagnostic skills and she will work with the client through a therapeutic relationship to help them to optimise their own health needs this is facilitated through herbs, diet, exercise and relaxation.
Following the consultation the client will be given a detailed management plan specifically tailored to their needs. Clear details will be given on how and when to take the herbal preparations.
A follow up appointment will then be made to evaluate on progress of client and address any current health needs. Jane takes safety and well being of her client’s of utmost importance and will refer to other health care practitioners as required. Please Contact us for any further information and an appointment.
Herbal medicine refers to using a plant’s seeds, berries, roots, leaves, bark or flowers for medicinal purposes. It is also called botanical medicine or phytomedicine.
Herbalism has a long tradition of use outside of conventional medicine but it is becoming more mainstream. Improvements in analysis and quality control along with advances in clinical research show the value of herbal medicine in treating and preventing disease.
Herbalists treat a variety of physical conditions, illnesses and allergies through the holistic use of plants in conjunction with medical knowledge.
- Initial consultation £60
- Follow up consultation £40
- Tinctures £10 per 100mls
- Herbal teas £10 per 100g
- Creams £10 per 60g
The client is also required to pay any postage costs at the time of the consultation which is dependent on the weight of the herbal medicine prescription.
Payment is required at the time of the consultation
- Bank transfer (details will be given at the consultation)